Monday, June 18, 2007

Cameron Higland Trip 15062007

I'm back to KL, back to my god-forsaken life. It's been a very delightful and fun holiday trip to Cameron with my fellow colleagues. I thought this whole trip would be very boring, but I was wrong.

We started our journey on Friday night 15/06/2007 right after work and stop by Tapah Rest area to get a quick bite.




Heard that the curry mee was very delicious.


I'm not buying motorcycle, for your information, that's a Modenas Ad right above the stall.

The Kesas exit we took is Simpang Pulai, instead of Tapah coz the condition of the road is better but there's no petrol station to be found after the Simpang Pulai exit till Cameron Highland.


We reach the Bangalow at around 1 am and it's not those modern bangalow we anticipated, it's those kampung bangalow with antique household items. LOL



This two fella is trying to figure out on how to operate the odd looking heater located at the kitchen the size of my house living room. The heater gave us a shock with weird sounds. LOL


Here's our bedroom, four of us shared the same room and the orchestra started right after we went to bed with each of us playing different instruments.





The next day, we found out that the fuel is damn low, and the only nearest petrol station is situated at Brinchang town, around 20km+ from the place we stayed. We prayed while we make an attempt to reach the petrol station with the fuel indicator blinking.


At last, we made it to the petrol station without any trouble, a close call indeed.


Next stop, Habu Boh Estate to take our breakfast. The view was magnificent, the air are fresh, and even the tuna sandwich i ate taste good, or it's just me. The road to the Habu Boh Estate was kinda dangerous, with only one lane enough for a car. So every turn we had to press the horn, it's either you or the incoming car will fell into the valley right beside us, if none had press the horn and warn the incoming car that there's a car making a turn.



We can choose different flavor of tea at the counter, and the average price for a mug of tea is around RM4 - RM6, not cheap though.










These two fellas trying to pose 'titanic' style at the top of the hill, all of us had a good laugh. LOL



Right after we left the tea plantation, bad weather struck, it rain. So, we stop at Tanah Rata to take our lunch at one of the restaurant.


Opposite of the restaurant we saw a group of grandpas' and grandmas' with a banner stating "Falun Dafa Is Good". I was told that this Falun Dafa is an illegal cult, a different path beside Buddhism, famous in Taiwan and was banned few times.


At night, we prepared steamboat for our dinner. Did I said we? It's we without me, I was sleeping in my room. LOL



Everyone took part in preparing the steamboat. Opps, it's everyone without me. LOL



After the warm and delicious dinner, we take a rest at the living room and preparing for the drinking session.


Oh gawd...I look stoned, even though I didn't drink much.


Trust me, me and my colleague here is still ok after a few cup of JD, Vodka and Tequila. LOL

My face looks like I'm very drunk?? No la, really, I'm fine at that time. hahaha


Oppss........

Here's a video of us playing games during drinking session.


After the drinking session, we took a short break at the car porch, chit chat and gossip. LOL



On the last day, we stop by Smokehouse Inn and took a few pictures. It is built in 1937, and it's one of the few older country houses in the surrounding Cameron Highland. It's pricey with around RM400 for a night. Our 10 mins stop? Priceless....






After that, we made a stop at Rose Valley.






After Rose Valley, we went to Bee farm and the bee farm's local inhabitants are quite hostile, with up to millions inhabiting the Bee farm. We were told to handle the free honey drinks given to us carefully, or else few thousands of those locals will go after you.


Those box-like are the home for the locals.

After the frightful experience at Bee farm, all of us was quite exhausted and had our lunch at one of the local restaurant before we descend from Cameron Highland.


No comments: