Thursday, July 19, 2007

BASF - My first project site

The first day at Accenture is nerve wrecking for me, Orientation day. I think it's because of how the people present themselves and the way they talk and work. I got no idea at all what is the Orientation day about, not totally no idea but dunno what they're going to talk about.

What I thought most is something like Oganisation history and the Hierarchy and some business processes. Yea, the first few sessions was just that, but later I learned that we need to attend training and some training are compulsory even though that means you're going to attend it at some other countries.

The first 4 most important training was to learn the Core Values, understanding data privacy law, avoiding insider trading and personal responsibility. All these training actually really groom a person on how to prepare for the worst and work professionally. Accenture are known to have Best People and they actually had been awarded with Best People award.

One of the manager ask all the newbies what it means by Best People, what is the definitions. I answered "Best in their work" and some answered, hard working, fast learner, and such. The manager said NO, that's not what Best People means, we look at each other, puzzled. He said all the traits like Hard-working, fast-learner, clever, doesn't exist in his dictionary, Best People is those with "Can Do" attitude. He said everyone will tell you they are hard-working and fast learner and such, but "Can Do" attitude that will makes you excel in any fields.

That reminds me of something like "Yes mum!", housemaid, kuli, macah. Yea, work like a cow and eat like a cow now.

Since 17 July, i'm at the project site at BASF Menara Telekom, until now still got nothing much to do besides attending those compulsory training, and those trainings has DEADLINE. They are very serious about deadline and deliverables. Basically, they are dead serious about everything they do.

The previous company i worked for, FMG, is HEAVEN, but Accenture and it's client is not too bad at all. There's something I like about it also, such as BOTTOMLESS nescafe~! Bottomless is the new term I learned when my colleagues from FMG treated to me Chillis on my last day at FMG. Sweet~! Bottomless do sounds like no-butt.

No comments: